MMOS Clan Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Military Ties

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Military Ties Empty
PostSubject: Military Ties   Military Ties EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Well, I suppose I'll attempt to spark another discussion on this site. I am actually interested though, in your guys' military ties. What I mean by that, is post about any family that you have that have had military experience. Or, if you are one of our slightly older members, and have indeed served, then please post about it.

I'll start us off, and hopefully, I'm not the only one that ends up contributing to this thread.

My Uncle:

A few years ago, my uncle, Michael, joined the US Marine Corps. He served two tours in Iraq, during which he made it to the rank of Corporal. After his tours, he served as a drill-sergeant for the rest of his time in the military.

My Father:

In the 1970's, back in the Soviet Union, my father enlisted in the military, and worked as an ambulance driver for the army. As far as combat experience, he didn't really get much, but he still served his country.

My Great-Grandfathers:

I had two of my great-grandfathers fight for the Red Army during WWII. My great-grandfather on my mother's side, survived the war, but obviously died later on from natural causes. My great-grandfather on my father's side, was sadly killed in action. I don't know much about these two, although I do know that they were not professional soldiers, but merely civilians drafted into the military during a time of crisis.

Others:

I've had countless great-uncles and what-not that fought in WWII in the Red Army, but unfortunately, I don't know much details at all.

Please share your family military history, and any stories that come along with it.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

Military Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Ties   Military Ties EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Hahaha in soviet Russia army enlists you!

I can trace one of my super great grandfathers back to 1700's. He was a French officer and was a commanding one too at the battle of the Plains of Abraham in 1759.
Back to top Go down
https://mmosclan.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Military Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Ties   Military Ties EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Tango wrote:
Hahaha in soviet Russia army enlists you!

I LOL'd... and I'm totally changing the quote of the week. XD
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

Military Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Ties   Military Ties EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

1st Cousin:

Officer's school in the Navy [Annapolis].

2nd Cousin Once Removed:

Currently serving in a mortar unit (the unit number escapes me however) and has been in Iraq for 6 years [still touring]. He was recently promoted to Command Sergeant.

Grandfathers:

One was in the U.S. Navy, the other in the Merchant Marines, neither saw combat. Both were honorably discharged.

Father:

Petty Officer in the U.S. Navy, served during the Cold War, honorably discharged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Military Ties Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Ties   Military Ties Empty

Back to top Go down

Military Ties
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MMOS Clan Home :: Muster Hall :: MMOS Clan (General)-
Jump to: