MMOS Clan Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN Empty
PostSubject: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:07 am

This is just a thread directed more at Big A. I own Medieval 2 total war and all it's expansions for PC.(I actually own all Total War games) Maybe you have heard of the series Alpha, Maybe not. I say this is directed more towards you because If I recall you are a fan of Medieval history, as am I. I just wanted to share some photos and ask you if you know of the game. If you don't, I think you would enjoy it.

I don't actually play the base Medieval 2 game or it's expansions, I play a mod called Stainless Steel. It basically makes the game nearly 100% historiclly accuate and makes the total playable faction count 28 as opposed to the base game's 8 I believe. It's so realistic I feel like I'm playing a game made by the history channel. With the mod I play, I believe the campaign starts in the year 1086 AD. On the brink of the first crusade. ( which is just a HUGE map of the known world at the time, and you are free to conqor it all. There is no linear storyline on a very loose one for each faction.)

These are just some photo's of mine where I am doing a campaign now playing as the Kingdom Of Jerusalem. The year in the game these photos were taken is 1096. The crusaders are angry.

These are Confere Knights

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN ConfereKnights

These are Knights of the Principality of Antioch

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN KnightsofAntioch

These are also Knights of Antioch but are dismounted

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN DismountedKnightsofAntioch

This serves as a reminder as to why they are at Jerusalem's doorstep (notice they are Templars)

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN CrusaderCross

Again this is mainly directed at Alpha as I know he likes Medieval history.
Back to top Go down
https://mmosclan.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:10 am

Quite awesome. But it looks just the same as MTWII Kingdoms. Any other changes besides the increased faction count? (Btw, tried Empire or Napoleon TW?)
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:20 am

The kingdoms expansion has the Crusader Campaign and the 3 others. With the crusader campaign on kingdoms, theres like 5 I think factions you can chose. With this mod it has that campign with a more non-linear storyline(other than the crusade part) but also all other 27 factions and their historicly accuracte regions in the campaign. You don't play the crusader campign like in kingdoms with the linear crusade objective, you pick a faction and if It happens to be a Christian one, one of you objectives is to capture Jerusalem. If it happens to be a faction like the Kingdom of Jerusalem you will have to crusade and do all the other parts of the campign as well.

I have the entire series and played them all to death. I have to say this mod along with the Third age mod which is revolved around the Third age of Tolkien's Middle Earth books, are the best TW games.

Here is the official thread for Stainless Steel 6.1 which shows what't in it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159996

And heres the link to 6.2 version which shows the changes from 6.1

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=302184
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 am

That's pretty wicked awesome, dude. Do you need the Kingdoms CD to run it, or will it run off the MTWII CD as well?
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:30 am

Unfortunatley, you need kingdoms and just one of it's campaigns installed. I got every TW game after Medieval 1 on steam including kingdoms. I've had each TW game since it's release but only recently discovered the awesome mods they have, especially M2TW.

I'm really looking forward to Shogun 2 TW and the awesomeness it will bring.
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:37 am

Tango wrote:
Unfortunatley, you need kingdoms and just one of it's campaigns installed. I got every TW game after Medieval 1 on steam including kingdoms. I've had each TW game since it's release but only recently discovered the awesome mods they have, especially M2TW.

I'm really looking forward to Shogun 2 TW and the awesomeness it will bring.

Holy crap! STW2?! Dang, I must be slow on the news, been hoping for that one forever. As for the mods, I know how much they can change the gameplay experience. I loved the mods people use to make for Fallout 3 (have it for PC). Mini-nuke Gatling-lasers ftw! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 am

Yes, yes you are slow on the news.

Also

GET STAINLESS STEEL OR ELSE!
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 am

Tango wrote:
Yes, yes you are slow on the news.

Also

GET STAINLESS STEEL OR ELSE!

I would have if I didn't give that MTWK to my cousin that lives 500 miles away -_-

I'll prolly buy them all online with steam.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:49 am

ASAP, keep me posted on your latest escapades to retrieve Kingdoms or purchase it.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:36 am

Just some more pics showing Factions.

This is the early campaign selection sceen. It starts in 1080 AD. I've highlighted the Knights Templar just to show how they vanish in the late campaign(next photo).

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN Earlyperiodshowingtemplar

This is the faction selection for a late campaign. It starts in 1280 AD. Notice I highlighted the Kingdom of Jerusalem which replaces the Templars. Also if you were able to tell, you can't play as the Teutonic Order in the early campaign as they were only founded in 1224 (they are the black crosses with the grey mantle emblem 2 spaces left of the Kingdom of Jerusalem). You can also see how huge the campaign map really is. It's about 2.5x larger than the base M2TW campaign map.

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN LateperiodshowingKOJ
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Only middle ages command game I evr truly enjoyed was Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:34 pm

That's not a middle ages command game it's a fantasy command game. The Middle Earth and Tolkien's series takes place on earth but "at a different stage of imagination" to quote Tolkien.

Sure the armies of middle earth use medieval like weapons but it's still fantasy and not fact.
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 pm

I meant middle-ages type of game. Quit getting all f'ing technical on me Tango. -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is what I've been playing while not on PSN   This is what I've been playing while not on PSN Empty

Back to top Go down

This is what I've been playing while not on PSN
Page 1 of 1