MMOS Clan Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Single Player Info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:47 am

Note: This was taken from a site's article written in German translated to English.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Preview by GamerStar.de

Heya, I would love to have a perfect action game. One that would include nearly everything! Would it not be great, to be able to walk into your local gamestore and ask for a game that incorporates just that? We attended a meeting organized by an Electronic Arts press event in London, we played the multiplayer demo which got us in the mood for more. We negotiated hard with the developers, they were bombarded with questions, arguing, begging and threatening. With success, Gamestar was taken away from the press room into a secret new room new that included the single player demo of Battlefield Bad Company 2!

The Mix Is

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 could offer real tactical depth online, which is expected by the fans of the series. The single player is in a large, open world, which is of similar design to Crysis. In addition, you have the ability to drive/pilot cars, helicopters and boats.

It's understandable that alot of people wont know who B-Company are, so we'll give you a little insight! B-Company is a four-member U.S. Special Forces unit squad. The word "special" may be understood in this case as "very special", for B-Company is a bunch of kooks. In the first game there 'specialness' was so over exaggerated there were issues relating to the AI. The computer-controlled gentlemen were much too passive. But in Bad Company 2 they will be alot more aware of the Danger around them.

The player controls Corporal Preston Marlowe, who is under the leadership of the sassy Sergeant Samuel D. Redford. The company also includes the bespectacled art nerd Terence Sweetwater and the explosives expert George Gordon Haggard. It's best to imagine the head-bang squad as the military version of the Ghostbusters or the digitized version of the heroic trio from the ironically twisted anti-war film Three Kings. Gordon Van Dyke explained: "The guys are still in the army and think they only need to bring a desert patrol along with them, which later unfolds into a great adventure. You can find out, namely, that the Russians are working on a secret weapon." EA provided a detailed special screening away from the horde of journalists: Behind closed doors, they presented to us for the first time the top-secret singleplayer mode. The action-packed game sequences can't be released to the public right now so we want to describe to you as accurately as possible, so that they come to life in your head. "Heart of Darkness" is the first section. The scene: Bolivia.

Welcome to the Jungle

"lollypops. Enemy up ahead" whispers Haggard making a gesture that the party will follow. As the quartet exit from the shady green of the jungle in the sun and come to see a wide valley, at first just a thought comes in "Wow, there you would like to take vacation time!" A flock of birds fly past the rim of the valley, the massive rise in the Andean sky. The foot of the mountain range shows the fine structure of plant cover, the peaks are covered with snow. There is, nestled in rugged mountains, a village.

Suddenly, shots rip through the peaceful scene. Haggard pulls out his RPG and fires it at a house. A Russian soldier staggers burning and screaming out of the destroyed house. We continue to advance forward on the village, considered always nice to meet. As a man crosses our way and discoveres us, he aims his gun at us as Sergeant Redford appears behind the polygonal figure and pushes a knife through the mans neck. "I think we're going to have to change a few things for the german version" Van Dyke notes dryly. "Bad Company 2 is more serious than the first game." If serious means more Brutal, we have understood, but are still not sure whether we quite like it. "Our characters have to be well above their personalities, allowing players to have fun with the guys, I think we have found the balance between serious and humorous" Gordon Van Dyke wants to reassure us.

Nothing stops

The Quad is a fast, but not armored jeep and serves primarily the Enlightenment.As a counterpart to the aquatic environment, there are jet skis. Change of scene, Haggard cowers in a park that is built around a villa. In the middle there is a stone sculpture. Suddenly the base explodes and the statue falls over towards the soldiers. Haggard jumps to safety. It is a scripted event, like Modern Warfare 2 presents alot. Such scenes always look back on effects and dynamics in the drama. Fractions of a second later, breaking through the walls up ahead of us is a tank! We pull back, smoke and dust everywhere, the atmosphere is close to cutting - great!A further improvement to its predecessor, we can note on the subject of healing: Instead of how it is in the first Bad Company constantly sprayin', Marlowe automatically regains health over time, as is popular in the genre now.
Click for full image
Optimized for the PC

The second part of our Bad Company presented a second story titled "Snowblind" and shows the attack on a Russian base in the snowy Alaska. We pinch ourselves behind the machine gun of a helicopter. We saw some plain textures and jaggy edges on the models. Gordon Van Dyke said "We are still in development, so the material is under construction. We're not making some half-assed console port, optimizing the game for the PC takes time. "

The most striking thing to us that isn't the moment when you're controlling the machine gun of the helicopter is the "Destruction 2.0" technology demonstrated by the graphics engine, your explosives can take down any specific part of the whole corrugated iron roof of a huge factory. It belongs to the humorous philosophy of Bad Company 2, that the players pretty much can divide everything that surrounds them. "Don't bother searching for the door; make one yourself" is something Haggard probably wants to say.

Full non-translated article by GamerStar can be found here and credit for all images goes to GameStar.de: GameStar.de Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Preview

We at BFBC2 Guides can't wait to learn more about the single player campaign and look forward to more information being released by EA/DICE. So don't forget to comment and to tell us what you think!

Story details are being withheld while they are finalised, but DICE tells us that there will be a gap between the two games, and that new characters will come into play alongside the old ones

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2/869394-single-player-details-leaked.html
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Hmm, I actually took the time to read it and it's quite interesting. I'm really glad the rest of the squad is going to actually be killing enemies in this one. In the first Bad Company it was sort of rediculous how you were the new guy, yet you were the only one killing anyone.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:13 pm

I did not take the time to read it because I have no intention of playing SP.
Back to top Go down
https://mmosclan.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:33 pm

Tango wrote:
I did not take the time to read it because I have no intention of playing SP.

Infidel!!! Quickly Delta, help me tie him up!
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:14 am

What's that, you want more to chew on? Well I never played SP in the first BC also because I saw vids and it sucked.
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:24 pm

No one cares Tango, ye suck anyways XD.

OFF TOPIC: Alpha, get your hillbilly ass back on psn, i iz uber bored these days.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Delta the demo is not out yet. What ya gonna play? Pirate pack?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Single Player Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Player Info   Single Player Info Empty

Back to top Go down

Single Player Info
Page 1 of 1