MMOS Clan Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Very Bad News

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 am

Sorry guys, but it looks like I'm done for. My PS3 just got the Yellow Light of Death, and I have absolutely no money to repair it or buy another. I would try a self-repair guide, but there's no guarantee it'll work, and if I do it I will not longer be able to send it in for repair. Repair costs $150 and take about 3-6 weeks on average, so I wont make it in time for release. Any way you slice it, I'm pretty much screwed. I'll try to figure something out, but chances are, I'm not going to be on for a very, very, long time. -_-"
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am

dang man. This really sucks, and probably the worst timing for it. I know I'd be pissed if I was in your position. I hope you figure something.

You know, even though Xbox statistically has a higher failure rate, I'm seeing a lot of PS3s crashing as well. First Bravo and now you. Erg, I guess it's just with the older models.

Anyway, I really hope you can think of something man, Battlefield would not be the same without you.

Sad Sad Sad Sad ;( Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Delta wrote:
dang man. This really sucks, and probably the worst timing for it. I know I'd be pissed if I was in your position. I hope you figure something.

You know, even though Xbox statistically has a higher failure rate, I'm seeing a lot of PS3s crashing as well. First Bravo and now you. Erg, I guess it's just with the older models.

Anyway, I really hope you can think of something man, Battlefield would not be the same without you.

Sad Sad Sad Sad ;( Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Even worse, I just looked it up, and I can't send it in for repair because I don't have a receipt, so if the self-repair doesn't work, that's it, FML.

EDIT: My brother said he would pitch in a hundred dollars, so I'm gonna withdraw some money from my bank account and hopefully have enough to buy another used one :/ Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Good luck my brother in arms! If you are spending about 200, you could easily get one from craigslist.org.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:43 am

Bf wouldn't be the same without alpha eh Donnie d? WHAT ABOUT ME?

More seriously though ( no!? Tango playing serious?) I heard if u wrap it in a towel or something of that nature it works again.
Back to top Go down
https://mmosclan.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Dusty
Cheif Warrant Officer

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 am

Tango wrote:
Bf wouldn't be the same without alpha eh Donnie d? WHAT ABOUT ME?

More seriously though ( no!? Tango playing serious?) I heard if u wrap it in a towel or something of that nature it works again.
'Fraid that's for xbox. Got some good new/bad news.

Good news: My dad said that if I can sell my broken PS3 (yes they actually do sell oddly enough for about $75-100) he would pay the difference and help me buy a new one.

Bad news: I wont have enough to buy the game, and if I don't sell the PS3 it's a no go. -_-

Why did this have to happen right now?!?!?!?

P.S. Deltar I have something for you to try. Get the C4 glitch down until you're able to get it like 70% of the time. Then try the same thing with a medkit Very Happy

Also I need the e-mail if you want vet :/
Back to top Go down
Wirp
Admin
Wirp

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

I heard that if you get down on your knees and beg your PS3 to work then it will. Undoing the top couple buttons of your blouse also helps. XD

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if you'll be able to sell the PS3. There is a guy in my area that buys broken consoles, fixes them, then sells them. Some people are really handy with that stuff.

And, maybe you could do some lawnwork around your neighborhood for the BC2 money?

Also, Tango, I have barely played with you, and the times that I have played with you, you were a real jerk-pants, lol. So, I can't say I'd feel as bad if this was happening to you. Razz

P.S. I'll get you the email ASAP, I'm gonna change it right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tango
Sergeant Major
Tango

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Even if it does happen to me well 1. i have wayyy more than enough money to fix it and 2. I have a buddy in the business who can fix it free, So im sailing along here
Back to top Go down
https://mmosclan.darkbb.com/portal.htm
Sponsored content

Very Bad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very Bad News   Very Bad News Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Bad News
Page 1 of 1